Check out our latest blogpost.... If you love it, share it!
1. Bottle-feeding to mimic a breastfeed is integral to your baby's health & wellbeing - sidelying whilst feeding enables good milk flow control for your baby, turning from side to side stimulates both sides of your baby's brain and enables your baby's ear tubes to best drain fluid!
2. When babies are new, they are learning to adjust to regulating their ability to suck, swallow and breathe whilst feeding, make sure your teat is the correct flow type for your baby
3. Pacing....its when you give your baby a breather from bottle-feeding. Take your baby's lead. If he/she gets squirmy & looks uncomfortable, pace your baby
4. Make sure that your baby's lips are stretched wide around the teat so that he or she receives the full oral sensory experience that prepares your baby for learning how to control their mouth in preparation for speech development & eating food
5. Whether a baby is breast and/or bottle-fed, most need winding!
Babies ingest air when they cry and & they feed!
CONDITIONS WE ARE EXPERIENCED IN PROVIDING
Holistic & collaborative health care
Breast & bottle feeding support
Infant feeding Therapy for complex feeding issues
Feeding refusal/Fussy feeding
Lip & Tongue Tie assessment & support
Pre/Post frenotomy/frenectomy rehabilitation
Painful latch/damaged nipples
Slow weight gains
Feeding sick/unwell babies
Low breastmilk supply/breastmilk oversupply
Gentle infant sleep & settling support
Weaning from breastfeeding/bottle feeding
Returning to work
MEMBERSHIPS & REGISTRATIONS
Kellie Eason RN, RM, IBCLC
Nurse, Midwife, Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Infant Feeding Therapist, Gentle Sleep & Settling Consultant servicing but not limited to Melbourne, Essendon, Windy Hill, Pascoe Vale, Coburg, Brunswick, Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds and surrounds