If you love it, share it!
1. Bottle-feeding to mimic a breastfeed is integral to your baby's health & wellbeing - sidelying whilst feeding enables good milk flow control for your baby, turning from side to side stimulates both sides of your baby's brain and enables your baby's ear tubes to best drain fluid!
2. When babies are new, they are learning to adjust to regulating their ability to suck, swallow and breathe whilst feeding, make sure your teat is the correct flow type for your baby
3. Pacing....its when you give your baby a breather from bottle-feeding. Take your baby's lead. If he/she gets squirmy & looks uncomfortable, pace your baby
4. Make sure that your baby's lips are stretched wide around the teat so that he or she receives the full oral sensory experience that prepares your baby for learning how to control their mouth in preparation for speech development & eating food
5. Whether a baby is breast and/or bottle-fed, most need winding!
Babies ingest air when they cry and & they feed!
Want to stay in the loop? SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter online!